* linux-next: duplicate patch in the nvmem tree
@ 2023-12-10 21:48 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-12-10 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Srinivas Kandagatla
	Linux Next Mailing List

Hi all,

The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
(but the same patch):

  05349b48e254 ("nvmem: Do not expect fixed layouts to grab a layout driver")

This is commit

  b7c1e53751cb ("nvmem: Do not expect fixed layouts to grab a layout driver")

in Linus' tree.

Also, please keep all the commit message tags together at the end of
the commit message.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the nvmem tree
@ 2023-12-11 10:34 ` Miquel Raynal
From: Miquel Raynal @ 2023-12-11 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Srinivas Kandagatla, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux Next Mailing List

Hi Stephen,

sfr@canb.auug.org.au wrote on Mon, 11 Dec 2023 08:48:41 +1100:

> Hi all,
>
> The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
> (but the same patch):
>
>   05349b48e254 ("nvmem: Do not expect fixed layouts to grab a layout driver")
>
> This is commit
>
>   b7c1e53751cb ("nvmem: Do not expect fixed layouts to grab a layout driver")
>
> in Linus' tree.
>
> Also, please keep all the commit message tags together at the end of
> the commit message.

This is actually fine, Srinivas needs this fix in his tree for
applying other patches, but he anyway sends a big "series" to GKH at
-rc6 who finally applies the content of the nvmem-next branch.

Thanks for the reports,
Miquèl

* Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the nvmem tree
@ 2023-12-11 11:09   ` Srinivas Kandagatla
From: Srinivas Kandagatla @ 2023-12-11 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miquel Raynal, Stephen Rothwell

On 11/12/2023 10:34, Miquel Raynal wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> sfr@canb.auug.org.au wrote on Mon, 11 Dec 2023 08:48:41 +1100:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
>> (but the same patch):
>>
>>    05349b48e254 ("nvmem: Do not expect fixed layouts to grab a layout driver")
>>
>> This is commit
>>
>>    b7c1e53751cb ("nvmem: Do not expect fixed layouts to grab a layout driver")
>>
>> in Linus' tree.
>>
>> Also, please keep all the commit message tags together at the end of
>> the commit message.
>>

> This is actually fine, Srinivas needs this fix in his tree for
> applying other patches, but he anyway sends a big "series" to GKH at
> -rc6 who finally applies the content of the nvmem-next branch.
Or I can merge or rebase on rc5  which should ensure that there are no
duplicates.

--srini

@ 2023-10-30  6:46 ` Rafał Miłecki
From: Rafał Miłecki @ 2023-10-30  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Srinivas Kandagatla, Greg KH, Arnd Bergmann, Greg Kroah-Hartman,

On 2023-10-30 05:10, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> The following commit is also in char-misc tree as a different commit
> (but the same patch):
>
>   ca7384334d9b ("Revert "nvmem: add new config option"")
>
> This is commit
>
>   f4cf4e5db331 ("Revert "nvmem: add new config option"")
>
> in the char-misc tree.

please ignore patch in nvmem.git, it's an old version applied on top of
outdated code.

Code in char-misc.git which is meant to go to Linus is all good, we're
all safe :)

--
Rafał Miłecki

* linux-next: duplicate patch in the nvmem tree
@ 2023-10-30  4:10 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-10-30  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Srinivas Kandagatla, Greg KH, Arnd Bergmann
  Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Rafał Miłecki,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux Next Mailing List