* Upcoming merge conflict between s390 fixes and iommu trees
@ 2023-10-19 15:17 Vasily Gorbik
From: Vasily Gorbik @ 2023-10-19 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stephen,
Hi Joerg,

I've just picked up commit
c1ae1c59c8c6 ("s390/pci: fix iommu bitmap allocation")
into the s390 fixes branch to still make it into v6.6 (and eventually
get into stable).

It will get conflicts in arch/s390/pci/pci_dma.c with commit
c76c067e488c ("s390/pci: Use dma-iommu layer")
from iommu tree, which is targeting the v6.7 merge window.

The latter commit removes arch/s390/pci/pci_dma.c, so that's
the way to go for the conflict resolution. Joerg, I believe it's your
decision whether you would like to mention this trivial merge conflict in
your pull request to Linus later.

Thank you.

* Re: Upcoming merge conflict between s390 fixes and iommu trees
@ 2023-10-20  2:21 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-10-20  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 17:17:31 +0200 Vasily Gorbik <gor@linux.ibm.com> wrote:

> I've just picked up commit
> c1ae1c59c8c6 ("s390/pci: fix iommu bitmap allocation")
> into the s390 fixes branch to still make it into v6.6 (and eventually
> get into stable).
>
> It will get conflicts in arch/s390/pci/pci_dma.c with commit
> c76c067e488c ("s390/pci: Use dma-iommu layer")
> from iommu tree, which is targeting the v6.7 merge window.
>
> The latter commit removes arch/s390/pci/pci_dma.c, so that's
> the way to go for the conflict resolution. Joerg, I believe it's your
> decision whether you would like to mention this trivial merge conflict in
> your pull request to Linus later.

I have removed the file in lixnu-next.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Upcoming merge conflict between s390 fixes and iommu trees
@ 2023-10-20  8:26 ` Jörg Rödel
From: Jörg Rödel @ 2023-10-20  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Vasily,

> Am 19.10.2023 um 17:17 schrieb Vasily Gorbik <gor@linux.ibm.com>:
>
> The latter commit removes arch/s390/pci/pci_dma.c, so that's
> the way to go for the conflict resolution. Joerg, I believe it's your
> decision whether you would like to mention this trivial merge conflict in
> your pull request to Linus later.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will probably resolve that in my merge-commit that will be the iommu/next branch, so upstream shouldn’t notice. I guess the fix will be in rc7?

Regards,

Jörg Rödel
jroedel@suse.de

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Frankenstraße 146
90461 Nürnberg
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)

* Re: Upcoming merge conflict between s390 fixes and iommu trees
@ 2023-10-20  9:35   ` Vasily Gorbik
From: Vasily Gorbik @ 2023-10-20  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jörg Rödel

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 10:26:29AM +0200, Jörg Rödel wrote:
> > Am 19.10.2023 um 17:17 schrieb Vasily Gorbik <gor@linux.ibm.com>:
> >
> > The latter commit removes arch/s390/pci/pci_dma.c, so that's
> > the way to go for the conflict resolution. Joerg, I believe it's your
> > decision whether you would like to mention this trivial merge conflict in
> > your pull request to Linus later.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up, I will probably resolve that in my merge-commit that will be the iommu/next branch, so upstream shouldn’t notice. I guess the fix will be in rc7?

That's the plan, I will send my pull request for rc7 tomorrow.