linux-nfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Bundling pynfs as a python package
@ 2023-01-03 11:24 Liad Oz
From: Liad Oz @ 2023-01-03 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bfields; +Cc: linux-nfs

In my company, we want to integrate pynfs as part of our python
testing environment. To do this, we need a package that can be
installed using pip. Currently, it is not possible to turn pynfs into
a pip-installable package due to the directory structure. I have been
working on a branch that introduces major changes that fix this issue
https://github.com/LiadOz/pynfs/pull/1/files.

With this new branch, to install the package you need to run pip
install . in the root directory. For a local installation, run pip
install -e . (which replaces the use_local modules). I have also
updated the README with these changes.

After installation, several scripts should be automatically added to
the path (which is why using a virtual environment is recommended):
nfs41server, nfs41testserver, nfs41testclient, nfs41proxy,
showresults. I have checked these scripts and they seem to work.

Please note that I have not finished making all the changes needed for
nfs4.0. I could take the time to complete these changes if you think
the bundle changes can be merged into master.

* Re: Bundling pynfs as a python package
@ 2023-01-05  1:33 ` J. Bruce Fields
From: J. Bruce Fields @ 2023-01-05  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liad Oz; +Cc: linux-nfs

Sigh.  So, last year I thought I'd continue pynfs maintenance on a
volunteer basis, but I don't think I'm going to after all.  Is anyone
else interested?

I could just blindly merge things like this and push them out, but it'd
really be better to have someone that will actually take the time to, at
a minimum, do some testing....

--b.