linux-nfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* NO Connectathon for 2018 ...
@ 2018-01-03 17:25 Bill Baker
From: Bill Baker @ 2018-01-03 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfsv4; +Cc: linux-nfs

Greetings,

After 40 years (!), I am sad to say that connectathon is
canceled for 2018.

Please watch these mailing lists for more information regarding
the return of a second NFSv4 bake-a-thon in addition to the one
hosted by RedHat towards the end of September in Westford, MA.

I've updated the connectathon website to reflect the cancellation:

http://www.connectathon.info

Feel free to forward this to other interested parties.

Long live NFS,
--
Bill Baker - Oracle Solaris NFS development

* Re: NO Connectathon for 2018 ...
@ 2018-01-05 13:15 ` Steve Dickson
From: Steve Dickson @ 2018-01-05 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Baker, nfsv4; +Cc: linux-nfs

Hello,

On 01/03/2018 12:25 PM, Bill Baker wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> After 40 years (!), I am sad to say that connectathon is
> canceled for 2018.
>
> Please watch these mailing lists for more information regarding
> the return of a second NFSv4 bake-a-thon in addition to the one
> hosted by RedHat towards the end of September in Westford, MA.
>
> I've updated the connectathon website to reflect the cancellation:
>
> http://www.connectathon.info
>
> Feel free to forward this to other interested parties.
>
> Long live NFS,
This is very sad it hear... I did enjoy my yearly pilgrimage to the west coast.

I remember my first cthon, I was working for Lachman Associates, sponsored
by SCO, since we where selling them the both the NFS and TCP stacks back
in the day... I think the only version of Linux at that point was Slackware.

I remember my first cthon with Red Hat... A one person booth with at
least 4 or 5 desktop stack on each other... before the days
of vitalization... A bit tight... but I did "borrow" one of the
nice chairs from the NOC. ;-)

Who can forget the  light bulb incident. A huge light from the ceiling,
in the Sun campus, let loose and hit the chair I should have been
sitting in... So I can honestly say that cthon almost kill me! 8-)

Then of course those dinners... I remember Beepy being so
thrilled that Red Hat would actually pick up a night cap!
But of course that was after his very expensive dinner...
Trond definitely took care a few of those as well... Plus
a few of my Red Hat colleges did learn about alligator arms!
Nothing but good!!! :-)

Definitely an end of a era... Sad..

Red Hat will continue to host interoperability events, but
we need to grow the server participation with the likes of
Vmware, Microsoft, Dell/EMC as well as any other
server vendors that are out there... Suggestions welcome!

steved.