linux-nfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Virtual Bakeathon: Reminder
@ 2021-09-30 16:37 Steve Dickson
From: Steve Dickson @ 2021-09-30 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Just a quick reminder the VBAT coming up next week
The details are here [1].

We are again going to be using an IPv6
based VPN as the testing network. Details on
how to set it up are at [2]. Any question
reach out to Ben Coddington <bcodding@redhat.com>

Here at Red Hat we have been using vm
in the Digital Ocean cloud [3]...
I have found them to be really easy to
work with and relatively inexpensive.

We will again use discord [4] to communicate.
Look for the VBaT channel. The contact for that is
Alice Mitchell <ajmitchell@redhat.com>

Finally I would like to propose that every day at
2:00pm (EST) we get together on the discord voice
channel 'General Chat' and talk about the topics
of the day:

* TLS (user vs kernel)
* FS-cache (Trond's favorite subject)
* QUIC (Chuck's favorite subject ;-) )
* Allowing hung mount to reboot
* re-export
* Session-Truncking
* ???

Basically anything we wan to talk about relative
to what is going on in the community...
or not... :-)

Ideally, as Rick suggested, reaching out to people
like Google and MS.. people who  might have a better
insight of these networking technologies... would
be good... Just let them where we will be.

If I have forgotten anything... I'm sure you will
let me know! :-) See you Monday!

steved

[1] http://www.nfsv4bat.org/Events/2021/Oct/BAT/index.html
[2] https://vpn.nfsv4.dev/
[3] https://www.digitalocean.com/
[4] https://discord.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-30 16:37 UTC | newest]