linux-omap.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* omap1 and __arch_pfn_to_dma
@ 2020-09-08  9:28 Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2020-09-08  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaro Koskinen, Tony Lindgren; +Cc: linux-omap

Hi Aaro and Tony,

omap1 is the last arm platform implementing __arch_pfn_to_dma and
__arch_dma_to_pfn.  Any chance you could help converting them to
use the dma pfn offset in struct device [1] instead?

Thanks,
	Christoph

p1] which we are also reworking to support multiple ranges, but I
can help with fixing that up easily

* Re: omap1 and __arch_pfn_to_dma
@ 2020-09-09  5:55 ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2020-09-09  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: Aaro Koskinen, linux-omap

Hi,

* Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> [200908 09:28]:
> Hi Aaro and Tony,
>
> omap1 is the last arm platform implementing __arch_pfn_to_dma and
> __arch_dma_to_pfn.  Any chance you could help converting them to
> use the dma pfn offset in struct device [1] instead?

Sounds like a plan, however I don't have currently access to my omap1
devices and won't for about a month. Aaro care to look at this?

Regards,

Tony

@ 2020-09-09 19:47   ` Grygorii Strashko
From: Grygorii Strashko @ 2020-09-09 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren, Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: Aaro Koskinen, linux-omap

On 09/09/2020 08:55, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> [200908 09:28]:
>> Hi Aaro and Tony,
>>
>> omap1 is the last arm platform implementing __arch_pfn_to_dma and
>> __arch_dma_to_pfn.  Any chance you could help converting them to
>> use the dma pfn offset in struct device [1] instead?
>
> Sounds like a plan, however I don't have currently access to my omap1
> devices and won't for about a month. Aaro care to look at this?

FYI.
Seems arch/arm/mach-keystone/keystone.c can be used as reference.

--
Best regards,
grygorii