linux-omap.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Kernel support of the Zoom OMAP35X Development kit
@ 2009-03-25 17:13 Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2009-03-25 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

I looked at the kit kernel and didn't see support for this board:

http://www.logicpd.com/products/devkit/ti/zoom_omap3_development_kit

What are my chances getting this board going with the Linux-omap git kernel?

If that doesn't work, what boards give easy access to the GPMC pins and
work with the linux-omap kernel?

Philip

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3303 bytes --]

* Re: Kernel support of the Zoom OMAP35X Development kit
@ 2009-03-25 17:20 ` Ashwin Bihari
From: Ashwin Bihari @ 2009-03-25 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister; +Cc: linux-omap

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
> I looked at the kit kernel and didn't see support for this board:
>
> http://www.logicpd.com/products/devkit/ti/zoom_omap3_development_kit
>
> What are my chances getting this board going with the Linux-omap git kernel?
>
> If that doesn't work, what boards give easy access to the GPMC pins and work
> with the linux-omap kernel?
>
> Philip

Philip,

We have support for the OMAP3530LV_SOM (the LogicPD DevKit in the
link) on 2.6.28-rc8. We have patches available against that particular
release of the Linux OMAP tree and that'll get you up to speed on the
SOM to do your work. Register yourself on the website and you should
get access to the patches there.

Regards

-- Ashwin

* Re: Kernel support of the Zoom OMAP35X Development kit
@ 2009-03-25 17:33   ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2009-03-25 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashwin Bihari; +Cc: Philip Balister, linux-omap

* Ashwin Bihari <abihari@gmail.com> [090325 10:21]:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
> > I looked at the kit kernel and didn't see support for this board:
> >
> > http://www.logicpd.com/products/devkit/ti/zoom_omap3_development_kit
> >
> > What are my chances getting this board going with the Linux-omap git kernel?
> >
> > If that doesn't work, what boards give easy access to the GPMC pins and work
> > with the linux-omap kernel?
> >
> > Philip
> >

> Philip,
>
> We have support for the OMAP3530LV_SOM (the LogicPD DevKit in the
> link) on 2.6.28-rc8. We have patches available against that particular
> release of the Linux OMAP tree and that'll get you up to speed on the
> SOM to do your work. Register yourself on the website and you should
> get access to the patches there.

How about send the board-*.c and other patches you have against the
mainline kernel to this list so we can review them?

Then let's queue them up for integration to the mainline kernel for
the next merge window!

Cheers,

Tony

* Re: Kernel support of the Zoom OMAP35X Development kit
@ 2009-03-25 17:53     ` Ashwin Bihari
From: Ashwin Bihari @ 2009-03-25 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren; +Cc: Philip Balister, linux-omap

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> * Ashwin Bihari <abihari@gmail.com> [090325 10:21]:
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
>> > I looked at the kit kernel and didn't see support for this board:
>> >
>> > http://www.logicpd.com/products/devkit/ti/zoom_omap3_development_kit
>> >
>> > What are my chances getting this board going with the Linux-omap git kernel?
>> >
>> > If that doesn't work, what boards give easy access to the GPMC pins and work
>> > with the linux-omap kernel?
>> >
>> > Philip
>> >

>> Philip,
>>
>> We have support for the OMAP3530LV_SOM (the LogicPD DevKit in the
>> link) on 2.6.28-rc8. We have patches available against that particular
>> release of the Linux OMAP tree and that'll get you up to speed on the
>> SOM to do your work. Register yourself on the website and you should
>> get access to the patches there.
>
> How about send the board-*.c and other patches you have against the
> mainline kernel to this list so we can review them?
>
> Then let's queue them up for integration to the mainline kernel for
> the next merge window!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tony

Tony,

We're trying to  move our stuff forward to the 2.6.29 tree and there's
probably more value in submitting patches against that as opposed to
2.6.28..

Regards

-- Ashwin

* Re: Kernel support of the Zoom OMAP35X Development kit
@ 2009-03-25 18:52       ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2009-03-25 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashwin Bihari; +Cc: Philip Balister, linux-omap

* Ashwin Bihari <abihari@gmail.com> [090325 10:53]:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> > * Ashwin Bihari <abihari@gmail.com> [090325 10:21]:

> >> Philip,
> >>
> >> We have support for the OMAP3530LV_SOM (the LogicPD DevKit in the
> >> link) on 2.6.28-rc8. We have patches available against that particular
> >> release of the Linux OMAP tree and that'll get you up to speed on the
> >> SOM to do your work. Register yourself on the website and you should
> >> get access to the patches there.
> >
> > How about send the board-*.c and other patches you have against the
> > mainline kernel to this list so we can review them?
> >
> > Then let's queue them up for integration to the mainline kernel for
> > the next merge window!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tony
> >

> Tony,
>
> We're trying to  move our stuff forward to the 2.6.29 tree and there's
> probably more value in submitting patches against that as opposed to
> 2.6.28..

Yes, please do the patches against the 2.6.29 mainline kernel.

Tony