linux-omap.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Resyncing omap2plus_defconfig
@ 2020-08-11 12:18 Adam Ford
From: Adam Ford @ 2020-08-11 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren, Linux-OMAP

Tony,

What is the rule on re-syncing omap2plus_defconfig?  I want to add a
config option, but the act of 'make savedefconfig' changes the order
of a bunch of stuff.  Can I submit a patch to re-sync
omap2plus_defconfig, or is that something you need to do?  If you want
me to do it, please let me know which tree and branch I should use as
the basis.

adam

* Re: Resyncing omap2plus_defconfig
@ 2020-08-17  6:41 ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2020-08-17  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Ford; +Cc: Linux-OMAP

Hi,

* Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com> [200811 12:18]:
> Tony,
>
> What is the rule on re-syncing omap2plus_defconfig?  I want to add a
> config option, but the act of 'make savedefconfig' changes the order
> of a bunch of stuff.  Can I submit a patch to re-sync
> omap2plus_defconfig, or is that something you need to do?  If you want
> me to do it, please let me know which tree and branch I should use as
> the basis.

Sure, you can do patches for it. If some options get removed, describe
why those are no longer relevant to avoid regressions. Then do a another
patch for options that got moved around.

Regards,

Tony