linux-pci.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* About PCIE MHI driver build question!
@ 2019-10-09  6:51 桂永林
From: 桂永林 @ 2019-10-09  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci

Hi,
   I had got a Qualcomm MHI PCIE driver which had released on kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/drivers/bus/mhi/ path. But I can't build the driver and the kernel. If someone can help me give me a guide about how to build the MHI driver?
   I use bellow command to clone the project:
      git clone -b https://github.com/Demon000/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/tree/lineage-17.0
   The MHI driver located at kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/drivers/bus/mhi/ path.
Thanks!
Opera

From: Andrew Murray @ 2019-10-09  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 桂永林; +Cc: linux-pci

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 06:51:25AM +0000, 桂永林 wrote:
> Hi,
>    I had got a Qualcomm MHI PCIE driver which had released on kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/drivers/bus/mhi/ path. But I can't build the driver and the kernel. If someone can help me give me a guide about how to build the MHI driver?
>    I use bellow command to clone the project:
>       git clone -b https://github.com/Demon000/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/tree/lineage-17.0
>    The MHI driver located at kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/drivers/bus/mhi/ path.
> Thanks!
> Opera

Hi Opera,

Unfortunately that Github URL relates to a fork of an earlier mainline kernel,
the driver you refer to was added in that fork and not the mainline kernel. So
it's unlikely anyone here will know anything about it. I'd recommend you find
out who added that driver or who can provide support for that Github fork.

The mainline kernel does appear to have support for PCI for the SM8150-mtp,
see if arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sm8150-mtp.dts fits your needs.

Thanks,

Andrew Murray