linux-pci.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* pci_lock and runtime resume
@ 2013-02-04  0:33 Dave Airlie
From: Dave Airlie @ 2013-02-04  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci, LKML

So I've just been looking a bit more at dynamic PM for graphics and
noticed that when userspace reads pci config space, the read happens
under the pci_lock which is a spinlock.
Now on most of the GPU drivers we'll be entering standard s/r paths
which don't have this restriction from what I can see, I get to see
lots of scheduling while atomic fun, that I'm not really sure I can
fix nicely.

Dave.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-02-04  0:33 UTC | newest]