linux-pm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Understanding DPM_FLAG_SMART_SUSPEND and DPM_FLAG_MAY_SKIP_RESUME
@ 2021-04-06 20:10 Alex Deucher
From: Alex Deucher @ 2021-04-06 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux PM

Hi,

Can someone help me understand how DPM_FLAG_SMART_SUSPEND and
DPM_FLAG_MAY_SKIP_RESUME are supposed to work?  I've read through the
kernel documentation[1] on these features and it's not clear to me
exactly how these are supposed to work and which PM callbacks the
driver needs to handle in what way for this to work.  What I would
like to do is runtime suspend a device when it's idle and keep it
runtime suspended through a platform level suspend/resume cycle any
only have it be runtime resumed when its next accessed (e.g., via
pm_runtime_get_sync() from an IOCTL) after the platform suspend/resume
cycle.  There's no reason to wake it prior, but in practice this does
not seem to be the case.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

[1]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/driver-api/pm/devices.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-06 20:10 UTC | newest]