linux-pm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Battery state monitoring when suspended
@ 2019-11-26 22:54 Roman Kiryanov
From: Roman Kiryanov @ 2019-11-26 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Reichel
  Cc: linux-pm, Sandeep Patil, Lingfeng Yang, Arif Sukoco, Steven Moreland

Hi Sebastian,

I am working in Android Studio Emulator. It runs on x86 and we found
an issue with power suspending.

We have a 'healthd' service that runs in userspace and listens for
NETLINK (nl_groups=~0) events from battery (we filter by SUBSYSTEM
inside healthd). We listen with EPOLLWAKEUP to take action quickly if
battery level is too low or it is overheated.

This approach has issues on x86: CONFIG_X86_CPUID sends messages to
NETLINK when the system is suspending and since healthd is listening
with EPOLLWAKEUP, it cancels suspension.

Could you help us here? Do you know how linux handles battery states
when suspended? E.g. linux does this in kernel which does not requires
EPOLLWAKEUP.

Thank you.

Regards,
Roman.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-11-26 22:54 UTC | newest]