linux-raid.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* merging printk and WARN
@ 2012-11-04 20:25 Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2012-11-04 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, airlied, netdev, arnd, joern, chris.mason, m, jejb,
	faisal.latif, neilb, gregkh, JBottomley, swise, achim_leubner
  Cc: dri-devel, jason.wessel, kgdb-bugreport, Prasad Joshi, logfs,
	linux-btrfs, Helge Deller, linux-parisc, Roland Dreier,
	Sean Hefty, hal.rosenstock, linux-rdma, linux-raid, linux-usb,
	linux-scsi, Andreas Dilger, linux-ext4

It looks like these patches were not a good idea, because in each case the
printk provides an error level, and WARN then provides another one.

Sorry for the noise.

julia

* Re: merging printk and WARN
@ 2012-11-05 15:42 ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2012-11-05 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall
  Cc: linux-kernel, airlied, netdev, arnd, joern, chris.mason, m, jejb,
	faisal.latif, neilb, gregkh, JBottomley, swise, achim_leubner,
	tytso, dri-devel, jason.wessel, kgdb-bugreport, Prasad Joshi,
	logfs, linux-btrfs, Helge Deller, linux-parisc, Roland Dreier,

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 09:25:53PM +0100, Julia Lawall wrote:
> It looks like these patches were not a good idea, because in each case the
> printk provides an error level, and WARN then provides another one.

I think this is not a problem within btrfs at the place where this has
changed.

david