linux-raid.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* crash with 5.8.11 and 5.8.13
@ 2020-10-25 13:44 Carlos Carvalho
From: Carlos Carvalho @ 2020-10-25 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

We had kernel panic with 5.8.11 and 5.8.13. Here's the trace, copied manually
from the console:

r5l_log_stripe
r5l_write_stripe
ops_run_io
? async_gen_syndrome
? ops_run_reconstruct6
handle_stripe
raid5_do_work
? __switch_to_asm
process_one_work
worker_thread
? process_scheduled_works
kthread
? __kthread_queue_delayed_work
ret_from_fork

The machine has an array with 14 disks and one with 20, both with it's own
journal ssd. It has high I/O flux and is usually very stable. The first crash
happened with 5.8.13; I downgraded to 5.8.11 and it happened again. In both
cases I had done a check on the arrays (simultaneously) by doing echo check >
/sys/block/md<number>/md/sync_action. Note that the crash happened more than
24h after the checks had successfully finished.

The only thing I've changed from the usual procedure is to change
/sys/block/md<number>/md/group_thread_cnt. I normally use 5 to not limit checks
by cpu. In the crash cases I raised group_thread_cnt to 10 soon after the
checks started.

Any ideas?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-25 13:54 UTC | newest]