linux-rdma.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [Announce] Upcoming Time Off
@ 2017-08-14 15:06 Doug Ledford
       [not found] ` <cc358422-24ea-045a-ac72-ec8e0a258076-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Doug Ledford @ 2017-08-14 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma

I need to make everyone aware of some upcoming PTO I have scheduled as
it will impact the timing of this merge window's for-next branch inclusions.

My family and I are moving into a new home at the end of this month.  As
my wife is a public school teacher, she can't really take time off for
moving, but I can, so I have.  I'm scheduled to start my PTO on August
30th, so that means there are only 12 working days left between now and
when I start my PTO.

As is typical for me, I will likely check my email as I can even while
on PTO.  However, what's not typical, is that I will be moving my entire
home network and switching Internet providers.  That little wrinkle
means I may be entirely offline for longer than I would like.  I will
prepare for the worst by having my for-next branch ready to go and and
pull requests submitted to Linus prior to shutting down my network (the
merge window might already be open by the time I shut down, or it might
not, but regardless, I'll have my pull request in either way).

Fortunately, the merge window and the first -rc will be happening while
I'm down for the most part.

I am not scheduled to return back to work until Sept. 18th.  We might be
as far in as -rc2 by then.  I'll notify Linus of this ahead of time, and
I'll prioritize processing of backlogged -rc items once I return.

Thanks for your understanding as I do all the stuff that needs to be
done when we move into the house.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
    GPG Key ID: B826A3330E572FDD

* Re: [Announce] Upcoming Time Off
       [not found] ` <cc358422-24ea-045a-ac72-ec8e0a258076-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-08-14 16:17   ` Christopher Lameter
From: Christopher Lameter @ 2017-08-14 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford; +Cc: linux-rdma

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Doug Ledford wrote:

> I am not scheduled to return back to work until Sept. 18th.  We might be
> as far in as -rc2 by then.  I'll notify Linus of this ahead of time, and
> I'll prioritize processing of backlogged -rc items once I return.
>
> Thanks for your understanding as I do all the stuff that needs to be
> done when we move into the house.

Please please lets have some comaintainers so that we are not depending on
you alone.

I also noted that you wont show up for the discussion of these problems at
the Plumbers Conference. We are getting a bit concerned about your
availability. Can Don speak for you?

@ 2017-09-18 20:36   ` Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2017-09-18 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma