linux-remoteproc.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* RPMSG subsystem improvement and extensions
@ 2020-07-06 21:15 Mathieu Poirier
From: Mathieu Poirier @ 2020-07-06 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-remoteproc

Good day to all,

There has been a flurry of RPMSG related patchset on the
linux-remoteproc mailing list in the last couple of months.  Some have
enhanced the existing rpmsg_char driver while others have created a
new character interface or simply used RPMSG to convey HW protocols.
Some have been merged while others are still being discussed and even
more, I am sure, are just about to be sent out for review.

The above was brought forward during the last OpenAMP remoteproc
meeting and there is a general consensus that we need to come together
as users of a common subsystem to find solutions that are generic
rather than vendor centric.  That way we can keep the design of the
RPMSG subsystem simple, extensible and easy to maintain.

The next OpenAMP meeting will be devoted to RPMSG and the various
extensions currently being reviewed.  I invite people to get back to
me with specific items to discuss.  Depending on the interest and the
amount of topics we may have to spread the conversation over more than
one meeting.  Needless to say that participation in the meeting will
definitely speed up patch reviews.

Best regards,
Mathieu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-06 21:15 UTC | newest]