linux-renesas-soc.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [ANNOUNCE] Renesas tree closing for v5.3
@ 2019-06-17 10:00 Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2019-06-17 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Renesas

Hi,

I would like to stop accepting non-bug-fix patches for v5.3 on Wednesday
17th April (this week) and get the last pull requests posted by the end of
next week.  This is in order for them to be sent before the release of
v5.2-rc6, the deadline set by the ARM SoC maintainers.  As patches should
ideally progress from the renesas tree into linux-next before sending pull
requests there is a few days lead time involved.

Once the tree has closes for v5.3 it is intended that patches
will start being accepted for v5.4.

Thanks,
Simon

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Renesas tree closing for v5.3
@ 2019-06-17 14:48 ` Sergei Shtylyov
From: Sergei Shtylyov @ 2019-06-17 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Horman, Linux-Renesas

Hello!

On 06/17/2019 01:00 PM, Simon Horman wrote:

> I would like to stop accepting non-bug-fix patches for v5.3 on Wednesday
> 17th April (this week) and get the last pull requests posted by the end of

  19th June, perhaps? ;-)

> next week.  This is in order for them to be sent before the release of
> v5.2-rc6, the deadline set by the ARM SoC maintainers.  As patches should
> ideally progress from the renesas tree into linux-next before sending pull
> requests there is a few days lead time involved.
>
> Once the tree has closes for v5.3 it is intended that patches
> will start being accepted for v5.4.
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

MBR, Sergei

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Renesas tree closing for v5.3
@ 2019-06-18  7:22   ` Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2019-06-18  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei Shtylyov; +Cc: Linux-Renesas

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 05:48:02PM +0300, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On 06/17/2019 01:00 PM, Simon Horman wrote:
>
> > I would like to stop accepting non-bug-fix patches for v5.3 on Wednesday
> > 17th April (this week) and get the last pull requests posted by the end of
>
>   19th June, perhaps? ;-)

Yes, indeed.