linux-renesas-soc.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Regarding SDHI clocks on RZ/G2L
@ 2021-07-18 10:25 Biju Das
From: Biju Das @ 2021-07-18 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfram Sang, Geert Uytterhoeven, Linux-Renesas
  Cc: Phil Edworthy, Chris Brandt, Chris Paterson

Hi All,

As per the RZ/G2L clock list document, SDHI has 4 clocks and  IMCLK2 should not be turn off during suspend.

1)IMCLK  Main Clock 1
2)IMCLK2 Main Clock 2, this clk should be not be turned off during suspend state, otherwise card detection won't work.
3)CLK_HS High speed clock
4)ACLK	Bus clock

Multi clock PM domain support for SDHI is available in RZ/G2L and we are filtering this clock not to add
PM domain.

But on the SDHI driver, we are handing cd clocks for RZ/A devices. Unfortunately we are turning of this clock
during suspend state.

Q1) Is it expected behaviour for this device?

Q2)What is the best way to handle cd clocks for RZ/G2L?

1) Handle it in SDHI driver? ie, enable it during probe only once and avoid turning it off

or

2) Add this clock as critical clock, so it will be turned on permanently and don't handle it in SDHI driver?

Regards,
Biju