linux-riscv.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net>
To: Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im>
Cc: RISC-V ISA Dev <isa-dev@groups.riscv.org>,
	Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com>,
	Atish Patra <Atish.Patra@wdc.com>,
	RISCV Software Developers <sw-dev@groups.riscv.org>,
	RISC-V HW Dev <hw-dev@groups.riscv.org>,
	linux-riscv@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: [hw-dev] Re: [isa-dev] UNIX-Class Platform Specification Working Group
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 00:31:23 +0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 12:42 AM Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:

> Not that I'm interested in participating, but just curious
> as to how these officially approved groups work.
> Is there a mailing list for this group?

 that's the question that i asked.  i had to ask it in the way that i
did, using the words that i did, due to issues related to Trademark
Law.

> Is it open to public?

 it has not been made clear, hence my question.

(as an aside: none of the "official" RISC-V Working Group mmailing
lists are open access.)

>  How does one request to participate in these lists?

 again: it wasn't made clear.  if however it has been expected that
the lists be "RISC-V Working Group Mailing lists", then  it is
mandatory to sign the "RISC-V Membership Agreement", which prevents
and prohibits all and any public discussion or release of information
outside of the group without the expressed and explicit consent and
approval of the RISC-V Foundation (Section 5).

 this being what our team absolutely cannot do [enter into secret
agreements that interfere with the BUSINESS objectives], hence why i
requested clarification.

>  How does one follow along in these conversations, that is, where are the mailing list archives for this group?

 again it was not stated (apologies, to palmer), so we do not know.

> The list [1] seems to be for this purpose, but it is not hosted @groups.riscv.org so I'm not so sure.
> [1]: linux-riscv@lists.infradead.org

  exactly: it's not clear.  so, it needs to be made clear exactly what
the Standards Development Process is to be, where discussion is to
take place, and whether there are any terms or conditions required for
participation.

 at that point, once it has been made clear, people will know what
they are getting into.

l.