linux-rt-users.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* trying to build 4.16.18-rt9 on arm
@ 2019-06-23  6:20 Gene Heskett
From: Gene Heskett @ 2019-06-23  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

And I am missing mkimage to build the uImage needed for an rpi-3b on the
rpi-3b.

I have downloaded and unpacked tools-master.zip which does contain a
mkimage directory.

Looks like this:
pi@picnc:/media/pi/workpi1/linux-rt-devel-4.16.18-rt9 $
ls -l ../tools-master/mkimage
total 48
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi   157 Jan 12  2018 args-uncompressed.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi   201 Jan 12  2018 boot-uncompressed.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 32768 Jan 12  2018 first32k.bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi   822 Jan 12  2018 imagetool-uncompressed.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi   343 Jan 12  2018 README

Where this is sitting is a long ways away from the rpi's $PATH.
And you can paint me bright green, never haveing attempted anything like
this.

So what I am considering is composing a bash script named mkimage that is
in $PATH,
to exec

python /media/pi/workpi1/tools-master/mkimage/imagetool-uncompressed.py

with the path to the (z)image file as its argument.

What I am unsure of is how to specify the output path so as to put the
output file back into the kernel build tree so that a "make deb-pkg"
can find it.

So I could sure use some guidance.

Since this Makefile dates from 2002, is there a patch for it that will
eliminate this bit of tom-foolery with a bash script? I'm trying to do
this on raspian stretch installed on the rpi-3b.

Thank you all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-06-23  6:20 UTC | newest]