Linux-rt-users Archive on lore.kernel.org
* running it in an hypervisor
@ 2020-09-24 10:04 Stéphane Ancelot
From: Stéphane Ancelot @ 2020-09-24 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

Hi,

I would like to know which hypervisor are known to work with rt-preempt ?

In parallel I  would like to run hmi in a windows environment with 3D .

Regards,

S.Ancelot

* RE: running it in an hypervisor
@ 2020-09-24 10:07 ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2020-09-24 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Ancelot, linux-rt-users, Jailhouse

> Subject: running it in an hypervisor
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know which hypervisor are known to work with rt-preempt ?

Might give a try on jailhouse hypervisor. I ran ARM64 RT-Linux with jailhouse.

Regards,
Peng.

@ 2020-09-28  8:53 ` VanCutsem, Geoffroy
From: VanCutsem, Geoffroy @ 2020-09-28  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Ancelot, linux-rt-users

ACRN (https://projectacrn.org/) supports running Real-Time VMs (RTVMs) based on Linux PREEMPT-RT kernels or also more specialized RTOSs. For details on how to install and run a real-time VM based on PREEMPT_RT, take a look at this page: https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/getting-started/rt_industry_ubuntu.html

> In parallel I  would like to run hmi in a windows environment with 3D .

As a follow-up to the ACRN installation guide mentioned above, you can follow this additional guide to build and run a Windows VM (that supports 3D): https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/tutorials/using_windows_as_uos.html

Hope this helps,
Geoffroy

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
IAGS – System Software Products
Tel: +32 (0)3 450 0851

Intel Corporation NV/SA
Kings Square, Veldkant 31
2550 Kontich
RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.
Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09