linux-sctp.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* missing includes?
@ 2018-05-22  6:23 Andreas Fink
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andreas Fink @ 2018-05-22  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp

On Debian9 Stretch

the
	         struct sctp_sndinfo  send_info;

seems not to be defined in

	netinet/sctp.h

it seems however be defined in

	linux/sctp.h

but including both headers results in tons of redefinitions.

Also the definition of sctp_sendv is not found anywhere.

Whats the proper approach to use sctp_sndinfo for sctp_sendv()  in this case?

* Re: missing includes?
@ 2018-05-22  7:22 ` Xin Long
From: Xin Long @ 2018-05-22  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Andreas Fink <afink@list.fink.org> wrote:
> On Debian9 Stretch
>
> the
>                  struct sctp_sndinfo  send_info;
>
> seems not to be defined in
>
>         netinet/sctp.h
>
> it seems however be defined in
>
>         linux/sctp.h
>
> but including both headers results in tons of redefinitions.
>
> Also the definition of sctp_sendv is not found anywhere.
>

> Whats the proper approach to use sctp_sndinfo for sctp_sendv()  in this case?
Normally, you should use netinet/sctp.h, which is from lksctp-tools and
copying from linux/sctp.h to make the header file for the released kernel
consistent with the uapi in lksctp-tools.

But if you update the kernel manually, the lksctp-tools should also be
updated. if Debian doesn't provide the newer version lksctp-tools, you
can go to upstream and build one:
https://github.com/sctp/lksctp-tools.git

BTW, sctp_sendv/recvv are supported since kernel 4.16, before
using it, make sure your kernel version is above 4.16.

* Re: missing includes?
@ 2018-05-22  7:42 ` Andreas Fink
From: Andreas Fink @ 2018-05-22  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp

> On 22 May 2018, at 09:22, Xin Long <lucien.xin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Andreas Fink <afink@list.fink.org> wrote:
>> On Debian9 Stretch
>>
>> the
>>                 struct sctp_sndinfo  send_info;
>>
>> seems not to be defined in
>>
>>        netinet/sctp.h
>>
>> it seems however be defined in
>>
>>        linux/sctp.h
>>
>> but including both headers results in tons of redefinitions.
>>
>> Also the definition of sctp_sendv is not found anywhere.
>>

>> Whats the proper approach to use sctp_sndinfo for sctp_sendv()  in this case?
> Normally, you should use netinet/sctp.h, which is from lksctp-tools and
> copying from linux/sctp.h to make the header file for the released kernel
> consistent with the uapi in lksctp-tools.
>
> But if you update the kernel manually, the lksctp-tools should also be
> updated. if Debian doesn't provide the newer version lksctp-tools, you
> can go to upstream and build one:
> https://github.com/sctp/lksctp-tools.git
>
> BTW, sctp_sendv/recvv are supported since kernel 4.16, before
> using it, make sure your kernel version is above 4.16.

Ok debian comes with Kernel 4.9. That explains things.
So I have to do use the old calls under Linux.

>> --

* Re: missing includes?
@ 2018-05-22 12:54 ` Marcelo Ricardo Leitner
From: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner @ 2018-05-22 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 09:42:08AM +0200, Andreas Fink wrote:

> > On 22 May 2018, at 09:22, Xin Long <lucien.xin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Andreas Fink <afink@list.fink.org> wrote:
> >> On Debian9 Stretch
> >>
> >> the
> >>                 struct sctp_sndinfo  send_info;
> >>
> >> seems not to be defined in
> >>
> >>        netinet/sctp.h
> >>
> >> it seems however be defined in
> >>
> >>        linux/sctp.h
> >>
> >> but including both headers results in tons of redefinitions.
> >>
> >> Also the definition of sctp_sendv is not found anywhere.
> >>

> >> Whats the proper approach to use sctp_sndinfo for sctp_sendv()  in this case?
> > Normally, you should use netinet/sctp.h, which is from lksctp-tools and
> > copying from linux/sctp.h to make the header file for the released kernel
> > consistent with the uapi in lksctp-tools.
> >
> > But if you update the kernel manually, the lksctp-tools should also be
> > updated. if Debian doesn't provide the newer version lksctp-tools, you
> > can go to upstream and build one:
> > https://github.com/sctp/lksctp-tools.git
> >
> > BTW, sctp_sendv/recvv are supported since kernel 4.16, before
> > using it, make sure your kernel version is above 4.16.
>
> Ok debian comes with Kernel 4.9. That explains things.
> So I have to do use the old calls under Linux.

Amending, "... use the old calls under old Linux." :-)

  Marcelo