linux-snps-arc.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Pavel new maintainer of ARC port
@ 2023-02-21 13:55 Pavel Kozlov
From: Pavel Kozlov @ 2023-02-21 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha; +Cc: linux-snps-arc, Vineet Gupta

Hi all,

I'm excited to introduce myself and become a part of the community.

I'm a software engineer in Synopsys and member of a team working to enhance
support for ARC CPUs in the GNU Linux ecosystem.

I would appreciate any guidance or advice on how I can get involved and
contribute to the community. I'm always looking for opportunities to connect
with other developers and learn from their experiences.

As a final step of setup, I've updated wiki and added myself as ARC
maintainer. Also, thanks Carlos, for help with my setup.

Best regards,
Pavel Kozlov

* Re: Pavel new maintainer of ARC port
@ 2023-02-21 18:59 ` Adhemerval Zanella Netto
From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto @ 2023-02-21 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Kozlov, libc-alpha; +Cc: linux-snps-arc, Vineet Gupta

On 21/02/23 10:55, Pavel Kozlov via Libc-alpha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm excited to introduce myself and become a part of the community.
>
> I'm a software engineer in Synopsys and member of a team working to enhance
> support for ARC CPUs in the GNU Linux ecosystem.
>
> I would appreciate any guidance or advice on how I can get involved and
> contribute to the community. I'm always looking for opportunities to connect
> with other developers and learn from their experiences.
>
> As a final step of setup, I've updated wiki and added myself as ARC
> maintainer. Also, thanks Carlos, for help with my setup.
>
> Best regards,
> Pavel Kozlov

Hi Pavel,

Carlos might already brought to your attention, but we have a weekly
call [1] where we discuss the current patchwork status [2], any blocker
someone might have, future work, or to discuss bug report or any other
issue.  So fell free to hop in if you have anything to discuss.

[1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings
[2] https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/

* Re: Pavel new maintainer of ARC port
@ 2023-02-22 17:52   ` Adhemerval Zanella Netto
From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto @ 2023-02-22 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Kozlov, libc-alpha; +Cc: linux-snps-arc, Vineet Gupta

On 21/02/23 15:59, Adhemerval Zanella Netto wrote:

> On 21/02/23 10:55, Pavel Kozlov via Libc-alpha wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm excited to introduce myself and become a part of the community.
>>
>> I'm a software engineer in Synopsys and member of a team working to enhance
>> support for ARC CPUs in the GNU Linux ecosystem.
>>
>> I would appreciate any guidance or advice on how I can get involved and
>> contribute to the community. I'm always looking for opportunities to connect
>> with other developers and learn from their experiences.
>>
>> As a final step of setup, I've updated wiki and added myself as ARC
>> maintainer. Also, thanks Carlos, for help with my setup.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Pavel Kozlov
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> Carlos might already brought to your attention, but we have a weekly
> call [1] where we discuss the current patchwork status [2], any blocker
> someone might have, future work, or to discuss bug report or any other
> issue.  So fell free to hop in if you have anything to discuss.
>
> [1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings
> [2] https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/

Another thing you might want to check is to do some triage on the
ARC failures reported by on the 2.37 release page. Some might be
just due timeout issues (test taking to long), however some might
require some work (the test-float64-trunc for instance).