linux-spdx.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Status week 1
@ 2019-05-24 12:17 Thomas Gleixner
From: Thomas Gleixner @ 2019-05-24 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-spdx

Folks,

first of all, thanks for your participation and help. Your review is truly
appreciated and the resulting discussions are definitely helpful for going
towards the final goal of a compliance friendly kernel tree.

A few numbers:

Number of patches/patterns reviewed:		  125
Number of patches/patterns sorted out:		   19
Number of patches/patterns found ok:		  106

Number of files affected:			 2010
Number of deleted lines:			21631
Number of deleted lines per file (average):	   10.7
Number of bytes removed:    	              1075891

If you are all comfortable with the daily dose of horrors to look at then
I'm going to continue sending batches of 25, but I'd be happy to up the
dose to 50 if you can handle it. :)

If you have any other suggestions for making this easier or better
structured, I'm happy to adjust the procedure.

Thanks,

	tglx

* Re: Status week 1
@ 2019-05-24 12:34 ` Kate Stewart
From: Kate Stewart @ 2019-05-24 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gleixner; +Cc: linux-spdx

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 7:18 AM Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> first of all, thanks for your participation and help. Your review is truly
> appreciated and the resulting discussions are definitely helpful for going
> towards the final goal of a compliance friendly kernel tree.
>
> A few numbers:
>
> Number of patches/patterns reviewed:              125
> Number of patches/patterns sorted out:             19
> Number of patches/patterns found ok:              106
>
> Number of files affected:                        2010
> Number of deleted lines:                        21631
> Number of deleted lines per file (average):        10.7
> Number of bytes removed:                      1075891

Thanks for the stats.  Nice to see bigger picture. :)

> If you are all comfortable with the daily dose of horrors to look at then
> I'm going to continue sending batches of 25, but I'd be happy to up the
> dose to 50 if you can handle it. :)

I'm good to go to 50 so we can get through these quicker,  but will
defer to others.  ;-)

> If you have any other suggestions for making this easier or better
> structured, I'm happy to adjust the procedure.

Thanks for adding the batch and rule number - it makes it easier to spot
when I may have overlooked one as it bounces around my inbox with
other viewers.

Thank you for pulling all of this together into something that we
can actually work through at a reasonable pace.

Kate

* Re: Status week 1
@ 2019-05-24 15:16 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2019-05-24 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gleixner; +Cc: linux-spdx

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 02:17:56PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Folks,
>
> first of all, thanks for your participation and help. Your review is truly
> appreciated and the resulting discussions are definitely helpful for going
> towards the final goal of a compliance friendly kernel tree.
>
> A few numbers:
>
> Number of patches/patterns reviewed:		  125
> Number of patches/patterns sorted out:		   19
> Number of patches/patterns found ok:		  106
>
> Number of files affected:			 2010
> Number of deleted lines:			21631
> Number of deleted lines per file (average):	   10.7
> Number of bytes removed:    	              1075891

You forgot:
	Number of patches merged into Linus's tree	24
:)

thanks,

greg k-h