linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [ANNOUNCE] ftdi_spi FT2232 SPI master driver
@ 2009-02-04 22:45 David LAMPARTER
From: David LAMPARTER @ 2009-02-04 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spi-devel-general-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f; +Cc: David Brownell

Hi all,

I just hacked up a SPI master driver for FTDI's FT2232(C/D/L)
USB-to-serial converter chip. It uses this chip's special
"MPSSE" (multiprotocol serial something engine).

Driver is, well, a hack for now. As you can see from the code, I tested
it with an AT45DB161D flash device; it works pretty fine.

The driver can be found at
http://git.spaceboyz.net/?p=equinox/ftdi_spi.git;a=summary

and should work with any recent kernel; you might want to edit the
source though - for now it always puts an AT45DB161D device at CS# pin
4. I figure I need a way to tell the driver what SPI devices to attach;
I got started putting some device attributes but I'm not too sure if
this is a good way to go.

This is my first driver, created with some copy&pasting from ftdi_sio,
few bits from atmel_spi and some lines from libftdi; feedback *very*
welcome. Only SPI mode 0 is tested really, I'm to confused to figure out
the proper engine commands for the other modes. (I might have gotten
Mode 2 right, the others are probably wrong.)

(Actually - is anyone even interested in this? I figure this driver
isn't much use to anybody except maybe embedded systems developers.)

-David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-02-04 22:45 UTC | newest]