linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: dw-spi driver bus number
       [not found] ` <1470712490330.33016-dS4nfl7sBO4@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-08-09 10:51   ` Mark Brown
       [not found]     ` <1470819008289.64659@dji.com>
From: Mark Brown @ 2016-08-09 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: First Light
  Cc: linux-spi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Edison Chen, Fang Yingju, Flare

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 03:14:51AM +0000, First Light wrote:

Please fix your mail client to word wrap within paragraphs at something
substantially less than 80 columns.  Doing this makes your messages much
easier to read and reply to.

> but pdev->id is not initialized, it is -1 by default. also there is no dts information for this driver to init bus number.

> I know pdev->id is used frequently when dts is not used long time ago. is  this out of date?

> should we add dts to pass bus_num to this driver?

No, nothing should be relying on the bus number anyway and it's
certainly not something that should be part of a description of the
hardware - the expectation is that if things are using DT they will be
using a dynamically assigned bus number.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: 答复: dw-spi driver bus number
       [not found]       ` <1470819008289.64659-dS4nfl7sBO4@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-08-10 11:03         ` Mark Brown