linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* SPI or CSPI transfers using DMA
@ 2008-10-31  5:46 magene-5892unH0nlnYtjvyW6yDsg
       [not found] ` <10811398.477881225431989704.JavaMail.nabble-eSX/vLDKhQvUl7QJpGZvuQ@public.gmane.org>
From: magene-5892unH0nlnYtjvyW6yDsg @ 2008-10-31  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spi-devel-general-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

I've been developing an application on an Eurotech (formerly Applied Data Systems) Bitsy Xb PXA270 board that reads data from and ADC at about 50 kSamples/sec.  It works fine when I poll the SPI port for data but I get some drop outs in the data, probably when the OS is off doing something else.  I'd like to use DMA put the DMA engine on the PXA270 has a pretty steep learning curve.  Does anyone have a code example that could help jumpstart me?  I may be upgrading to a i.MX31 based board and similar examples with that device's CSPI and DMA would also be helpful.

Thanks - Gene