linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [Gumstix-users] SPI output
       [not found]                     ` <4753a0e30811141009l7a6899dchaf3b5ebf2b1654-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2008-11-14 18:45                       ` Ned Forrester
From: Ned Forrester @ 2008-11-14 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pranav Sanghadia; +Cc: spi-devel

Pranav Sanghadia wrote:
> Hi Ned,
>
> Thanks, I was stuck with Gumstix boot issue. But now the Gumstix is working
> again.
>
> I am taking a look at spidev documentation, looks like spidev is the way to
> go.

One other note.  For spidev to work with pxa2xx_spi in DMA mode, you
will have to wait for a patch to pxa2xx_spi that I am working on.  There
is a problem with DMA when using the same buffer for tx and rx, as
spidev does.  It should still work as-is in PIO mode.

> I am using buildroot latest version, do you know how to compile just one
> kernel module say spidev without compiling whole kernel code?

Not really.  Once you have compiled the whole kernel, if you then change
one module, only that module (and maybe a few other minor things) will
get re-compiled.

--
Ned Forrester                                       nforrester-/d+BM93fTQY@public.gmane.org
Oceanographic Systems Lab                                  508-289-2226

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-11-14 18:45 UTC | newest]