linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* for sc16is752 driver
@ 2010-12-22  6:02 changgx
From: changgx @ 2010-12-22  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manuel.stahl-GeUHRtUQU7nSyEMIgutvibNAH6kLmebB
  Cc: spi-devel-general-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f,
	hunterzhu-MjT5Q16qtnaZox4op4iWzw,
	linux-serial-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hello,manuel.stahl,
I read the message from Johannes Reif  on the internet.
His email is as follows:
"I'm using the sc16is7x2 driver (SPI<-> 2x UART) written by Manuel Stahl.
While operating one UART channel everything seems fine. But if I use both channels the driver runs into an "unresponsive state" after some time. In this state I figured out that the /IRQ pin of the chip stays low (active) although the IIR of both channels indicates that there is no interrupt pending."
because there is not request_threaded_irq( ) function in 2.6.27 kernel  version. So i use your old version sc16is7x2.c. It does not use the thread-irq, but with work queue. But i get the same results with Johannes Reif .
My test app program is described as follows:
In the application  creates two threads, each operates a sc16is752 serial port. In every thread, first send 100 bytes,followed by waitting to receive about 200byte.
The test result is that the spi driver reports the error :ttySC0: 64 input overrun(s)  or ttySC1: 1 input overrun(s) ,and app received part of the data.
Sometimes IRQ is held low.
Can you give some advice about this question?
I continue to follow this issue.
Thanks!
kathy chang
 2010-12-22
tel:+086 21 62545050-7910
fax:62578046
Email:changgx@163.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-12-22  6:02 UTC | newest]