linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* mcspi
@ 2014-04-05 13:05 maxim maxim
       [not found] ` <CAL22ZLJ7qe-=1iH0w1b+G10i9_ERFnFF2oRB7gOatk3k_AhdjQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: maxim maxim @ 2014-04-05 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-spi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

 Hi guys,
 I'm working with omap 3 spi driver, in the base I have mcspi driver
for tach device(http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x_McSPI_Driver's_Guide),
I want to add my insmod driver for ublox 6(gps device). From ublox6
datasheet I saw what I need some initial delay between chip select
activation and data sending, I didn't find a way how to do it from
Linux SPI Framework, because of this I tried to write directly to some
registers what mapped in mcspi driver I can accept their mapped
address from contoller_data , but unfortunately it didn't work, may be
here you could give me some avices how I can do it.

Thanks ,
Kol

* Re: mcspi
       [not found] ` <CAL22ZLJ7qe-=1iH0w1b+G10i9_ERFnFF2oRB7gOatk3k_AhdjQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-04-07 12:53   ` Gerhard Sittig
       [not found]     ` <20140407125339.GA11339-kDjWylLy9wD0K7fsECOQyeGNnDKD8DIp@public.gmane.org>
From: Gerhard Sittig @ 2014-04-07 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxim maxim; +Cc: linux-spi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Sat, 2014-04-05 at 16:05 +0300, maxim maxim wrote:

>  I'm working with omap 3 spi driver, in the base I have mcspi driver
> for tach device(http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x_McSPI_Driver's_Guide),
> I want to add my insmod driver for ublox 6(gps device). From ublox6
> datasheet I saw what I need some initial delay between chip select
> activation and data sending, I didn't find a way how to do it from
> Linux SPI Framework, because of this I tried to write directly to some
> registers what mapped in mcspi driver I can accept their mapped
> address from contoller_data , but unfortunately it didn't work, may be
> here you could give me some avices how I can do it.

You might create an SPI message from multiple transfers, where
the first has no data (length zero) but specifies a delay.  If
the SPI controller's driver is implemented correctly, or if it
uses the SPI subsystem's common logic, this should result in the
desired pause between CS assertion and data transfer.

If it doesn't work out for you (when the driver cuts corners,
violates the API semantics, or tries to outsmart you), you may
want to fix that and provide patches. :)

virtually yours
Gerhard Sittig
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr. 5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office-ynQEQJNshbs@public.gmane.org

* Re: mcspi
       [not found]     ` <20140407125339.GA11339-kDjWylLy9wD0K7fsECOQyeGNnDKD8DIp@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-04-08 11:51       ` maxim maxim
From: maxim maxim @ 2014-04-08 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerhard Sittig; +Cc: linux-spi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Thanks Gerhard, good idea,  it's working fine for me:)

Best Regards,
Kol

       [not found] ` <CAL22ZL+5jWkbnt69HeULeEtEqOSL5dEbs4DcCw79wN9dFP+kYA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-04-10 17:58   ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2014-04-10 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxim maxim; +Cc: linux-spi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:40 PM, maxim maxim <look2004il-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> When I'm using with spi_sync(), while the master writes to MOSI, at
> the same time reads from MISO, doesn't it?

Yes it does.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--