linux-sunxi.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Situation of CONFIG_CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN9I
@ 2023-05-10  5:38 Lukas Bulwahn
From: Lukas Bulwahn @ 2023-05-10  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen-Yu Tsai, Jernej Skrabec, Samuel Holland, linux-sunxi,
	linux-clk, kernel-janitors, Linux Kernel Mailing List

Dear Maxime,

with commit 49c726d55c1b ("clk: sunxi: Add Kconfig options"), you
introduce various build configurations for Legacy clock support for
Allwinner SoCs. Among them, you introduce the config
CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN9I in drivers/clk/sunxi/Kconfig, but this config is
not used anywhere in the kernel tree.

Can we just delete this config CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN9I again, as it is
not needed, or did you simply miss to adjust the Makefile for this
option to be effective?

I will gladly send a patch, once you could give me a quick pointer.

Best regards,

Lukas

Note: This is a resent email (see original email:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAKXUXMzqCktKz7vGN4_QAp4n1SeP0-YHL19evmVSfseZOemd5g@mail.gmail.com/);
now hopefully with an email address for Maxime that reaches Maxime.

* Re: Situation of CONFIG_CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN9I
@ 2023-05-10 20:54 ` Jernej Škrabec
From: Jernej Škrabec @ 2023-05-10 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen-Yu Tsai, Samuel Holland, linux-sunxi, linux-clk,
	kernel-janitors, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Lukas Bulwahn

Hi Lukas,

Dne sreda, 10. maj 2023 ob 07:38:04 CEST je Lukas Bulwahn napisal(a):
> Dear Maxime,

I don't see Maxime in recipients...

> with commit 49c726d55c1b ("clk: sunxi: Add Kconfig options"), you
> introduce various build configurations for Legacy clock support for
> Allwinner SoCs. Among them, you introduce the config
> CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN9I in drivers/clk/sunxi/Kconfig, but this config is
> not used anywhere in the kernel tree.
>
> Can we just delete this config CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN9I again, as it is
> not needed, or did you simply miss to adjust the Makefile for this
> option to be effective?

I think this is the best approach. If it wasn't used by now, it can only make
further mess in distro configs if introduced.

Best regards,
Jernej

@ 2023-05-08  4:43 Lukas Bulwahn