linux-trace-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* KernelShark info files
@ 2019-03-01 18:35 Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2019-03-01 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yordan Karadzhov; +Cc: Linux Trace Devel

Hi Yordan,

When working on the documentation, I noticed that the last session file
is saved in the location that is defined here in CMakeLists.txt:

# Make a directory to hold configuration files. To change this do:
# cmake .. -DKS_CONF_DIR=/your/preferred/path
set(KS_CONF_DIR "${KS_DIR}/.ksconf" CACHE STRING "Directory for configuration files.")

It should by default be the environment variable of $HOME/.ksconf.

We should also add an option of --ksconf-path to allow the user to
override it, as well as a KSHARK_CONF_DIR environment variable, such
that we have this:

	if --ksconf-path defined
		ksconf = ksconf-path-arg
	else if ENV(KSHARK_CONF_DIR) definde
		ksconf = ENV(KSHARK_CONF_DIR)
	else
		ksconf = ENV(HOME)/.ksconf

This is basically what other tools do.

-- Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-01 18:35 UTC | newest]