linux-trace-users.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [Issue of trace-cmd] undefined symbol when import ctracecmd.so in python
       [not found] <CANF=BhZScysm9BchEFytPgOFR4Gx-jeeOV6VpbKnAHZ102onSQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2023-07-28 23:36 ` Steven Rostedt
       [not found]   ` <CANF=BhYAbU+sLYxpaRVA=m0_jgJFr0c+JAAx+HQ4FcTkuSnB7w@mail.gmail.com>
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2023-07-28 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sang QianLong; +Cc: Linux Trace Devel, linux-trace-users

I'm Cc'ing the trace users and devel mailing list just to keep this
archived.

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:29:26 +0800
Sang QianLong <hacksonsang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear rostedt,
>
> I hope this email finds you well. My name is Hacksonsang, and I am reaching
> out for your assistance regarding a persistent issue I am facing while
> working with "ctracecmd.so" in Python.

I have to admit that I personally do not use python, and this code was
added by others.

Note, there's patches to fix the python code, but as I'm not a python
expert, I'm still holding off to applying them.

Not sure if this helps you, but you may want to look at this:

  https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-trace-devel/patch/Y+w51nOhNd+PGo/k@slm.duckdns.org/

Does the above help you?

-- Steve

@ 2023-08-02 13:47     ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2023-08-02 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sang QianLong; +Cc: Linux Trace Devel, linux-trace-users

On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 16:13:20 +0800
Sang QianLong <hacksonsang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
> Thanks for reaching out to me. I appreciate your effort in helping me with
> my persistent issue while working with "ctracecmd.so" in Python.
>
> I understand that you personally do not use Python, and the code was added
> by others. I also appreciate your honesty in not applying the patches yet
> since you are not a Python expert. I have used the patch from
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-trace-devel/patch/Y+w51nOhNd+PGo/k@slm.duckdns.org/
> and it works!
>
> Once again, thank you for your help.

I could add it with a: