linux-unionfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Overlayroot for pi
@ 2021-10-25  2:33 Carl Karsten
From: Carl Karsten @ 2021-10-25  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overlayfs

I'm looking for something like ubunt's overlayroot package to install on a pi.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/impish/overlayroot
https://spin.atomicobject.com/2015/03/10/protecting-ubuntu-root-filesystem/

I've found a dozen posts about ro pi fs solutions, they all bother me.
mostly they seem more complex than needed,

I'm hoping someone here can point me to something simple.

My previous questions were about setting up a pxe server and that
seems to be sorted:
https://github.com/CarlFK/pici/blob/main/setup.md (all the good stuff
is in setup2.sh)

Now I need to have a rw fs on the pi, but the base fs is a ro nfs
mount. (for production I want it ro, I'll flip it to rw when I need to
apt upgrade the pi.)

I had hope for
https://linuxhit.com/raspberry-pi-pxe-boot-netbooting-a-pi-4-without-an-sd-card/
except:
todo: Make the root file system read-only and configure the client
image to use tmpfs for ephemeral writes.

--
Carl K

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-25  2:34 UTC | newest]