linux-unionfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [overlayfs]: Overlayfs questions
       [not found] <4a261352.642.17aeab04218.Coremail.ouyangxuan10@163.com>
@ 2021-07-28  5:28 ` Amir Goldstein
From: Amir Goldstein @ 2021-07-28  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: www; +Cc: Miklos Szeredi, Kevin Locke, overlayfs

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 4:18 AM www <ouyangxuan10@163.com> wrote:

> Dear Miklos Szeredi , Amir Goldstein and Kevin,
>
> I would like to ask some question in overlayfs:
> 1.  in overlayfs, where is the code for obtaining directory or file attributes?
>
> 2. Where is the code that combines lowerdir and Upper Dir into a visual part?
>
> thanks,
> Byron

Those are very broad questions.

In a very narrow sense the answers are
1. ovl_getattr()
2. ovl_iterate() and ovl_lookup()

This is the most up to date documentation:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/overlayfs.rst

For anything beyond that, you'll need to read the code:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/fs/overlayfs

Thanks,
Amir.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-07-28  5:28 UTC | newest]