linux-usb.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Locating commit which fixed xhci-hcd: Ring expansion failed
@ 2020-05-17 18:32 Michael Hoogasian
From: Michael Hoogasian @ 2020-05-17 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-usb

Hello,

I previously contacted Sarah Sharp (original author of XHCI files) about
this, but she referred me here. I'm trying to run a UVC driver on a Nexus 5
phone (running LineageOS) and everything works fine for the first 3 runs.
Then on the 4th run, the kernel has an "oops" and dies. I was able to trace
the oops back to being fixed in commit
68e5254adb88bede68285f11fb442a4d34fb550c which when I backport to the kernel
for the Nexus 5, does indeed solve the oops issue. However, I'm still having
problems on the 4th run, even though the kernel doesn't "oops" anymore. Now,
I get these kernel erros: "xhci-hcd xhci-hcd: Ring expansion failed" and
"usb 1-1.1: usbfs: usb_submit_urb returned -12". I have done some searching
online, and I found a couple links, e.g. this one where the poster claims
kernel 4.20 fixed the issue:
https://forum.radxa.com/t/kernel-update-4-20/638 Currently the kernel I am
working with is based off of 3.4. Would anyone happen to know which
commit(s) I need to backport to fix this the ring expansion issue?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-17 18:35 UTC | newest]