Linux-USB Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Patches to make multicast proccesing on CDC NCM drivers
@ 2020-07-30 13:53 Santiago Ruano Rincón
From: Santiago Ruano Rincón @ 2020-07-30 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-usb; +Cc: miguel

Hi,

Miguel Rodríguez sent this set of patches two years ago to fix the lack
of multicast processing on CDC NCM driver:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170611.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170603.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170567.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170568.html

I've using a DKMS version of them, available in
https://github.com/stbuehler/fixed-cdc-ether-ncm/tree/wip/patches
since more than a year ago, and they are working fine with my Dell D6000
docking station. IPv6 connectivity is broken without them.

Is there any chance to consider those patches (or what would be needed
to make it happen)?
It would be great to have them upstream!

See also: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1779173

Best regards,

 -- Santiago

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Patches to make multicast proccesing on CDC NCM drivers
@ 2020-07-30 14:07 ` Oliver Neukum
From: Oliver Neukum @ 2020-07-30 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Santiago Ruano Rincón, linux-usb; +Cc: miguel

Am Donnerstag, den 30.07.2020, 15:53 +0200 schrieb Santiago Ruano
Rincón:
> Hi,
>
> Miguel Rodríguez sent this set of patches two years ago to fix the lack
> of multicast processing on CDC NCM driver:
>
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170611.html
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170603.html
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170567.html
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg170568.html
>
> I've using a DKMS version of them, available in
> https://github.com/stbuehler/fixed-cdc-ether-ncm/tree/wip/patches
> since more than a year ago, and they are working fine with my Dell D6000
> docking station. IPv6 connectivity is broken without them.
>
> Is there any chance to consider those patches (or what would be needed
> to make it happen)?
> It would be great to have them upstream!

Hi,

they have been merged on Wednesday.

	HTH
		Oliver