Linux-USB Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* TL-MR3420 with OpenWRT with a huawei E353 usb dongle
@ 2019-08-14 14:42 Francisco Ferreiro
  2019-08-14 20:09 ` Greg KH
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Francisco Ferreiro @ 2019-08-14 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-usb

Hi guys, this is me trying to setup a tp-link TL-MR3420 with OpenWRT
with a huawei E353 usb dongle

hopefully I will try to setup a multiwan  along with this two more
sources to get redundant access to internet
  - a cell phone (either tethering or if possible via USB (*))
  - a fiber based dsl service accesible via ethernet.

after flashing the OpenWRT and setting up a little bit I made the
dongle work manually (via ttyUSB0) (log below) but cant get it to
automatically start connected from boot up

help with this dongle and maybe with this (*) one too, would be highly
appreciated
have some logs below
and let me know if you need something else

thanks in advance for your help
best
Franco

[   25.113754] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-platform
[   25.327869] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: The "generic" usb-serial
driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
[   25.338456] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: Tell
linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
[   25.348448] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: generic converter detected
[   25.354938] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[   25.361410] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: The "generic" usb-serial
driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
[   25.371975] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: Tell
linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
[   25.381965] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: device has no bulk endpoints
[   25.388921] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: The "generic" usb-serial
driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
[   25.399477] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: Tell
linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
[   25.409453] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: generic converter detected
[   25.415898] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB1
[   25.422331] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: The "generic" usb-serial
driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
[   25.432887] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: Tell
linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
[   25.442869] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: generic converter detected
[   25.449323] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB2
[   25.455865] usb-storage 1-1:1.4: USB Mass Storage device detected
[   25.923729] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1:1.4
[   25.928826] usb-storage 1-1:1.5: USB Mass Storage device detected
[   25.983950] scsi host1: usb-storage 1-1:1.5
[   26.986403] scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HUAWEI   Mass Storage
  2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
[   27.074885] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HUAWEI   SD Storage
  2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
[   27.089310] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk


config interface 'HWE353'
option proto '3g'
option service 'umts'
option apn 'adslxxxx'
option username 'xxxx@adslxx'
option password 'xxxxxxx'
option dialnumber '*99#'
option delegate '0'
option keepalive '6 5'
option demand '0'
option maxwait '20'
option ipv6 'auto'
option device '/dev/ttyUSB0'



root@fsfbpinar:~# lsusb -t
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class,
Driver=usbserial_generic, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 1, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 2, Class=Vendor Specific Class,
Driver=usbserial_generic, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 3, Class=Vendor Specific Class,
Driver=usbserial_generic, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 4, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 5, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 480M


Wed Jul 31 20:37:03 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[11398]: read
/etc/ethers - 0 addresses
Wed Jul 31 20:37:04 2019 daemon.warn odhcpd[1347]: DHCPV6 SOLICIT
IA_NA from 000100011cc45039c46e1f1ff20a on br-lan: ok
fd0a:d561:9ed::63b/128
Wed Jul 31 20:37:04 2019 daemon.notice netifd: HWE353 (23775): Trying
to set mode
Wed Jul 31 20:37:04 2019 daemon.notice pppd[23800]: pppd 2.4.7 started
by root, uid 0
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: abort on (BUSY)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: abort on (NO CARRIER)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: abort on (ERROR)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: report (CONNECT)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: timeout set to 10 seconds
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: send (AT&F^M)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: expect (OK)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: AT&F^M^M
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: OK
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]:  -- got it
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: send (ATE1^M)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: expect (OK)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: ^M
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: ATE1^M^M
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: OK
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]:  -- got it
Wed Jul 31 20:37:05 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: send
(AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","adslmovil"^M)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 daemon.warn odhcpd[1347]: DHCPV6 SOLICIT
IA_NA from 000100011cc45039c46e1f1ff20a on br-lan: ok
fd0a:d561:9ed::63b/128
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: timeout set to 30 seconds
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: expect (OK)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: ^M
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]:
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","adslmovil"^M^M
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: OK
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]:  -- got it
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: send (ATD*99#^M)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: expect (CONNECT)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: ^M
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: ATD*99#^M^M
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: CONNECT
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]:  -- got it
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 local2.info chat[23802]: send ( ^M)
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 daemon.info pppd[23800]: Serial connection established.
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 kern.info kernel: [ 2274.172148] 3g-HWE353:
renamed from ppp0
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[11398]:
DHCPINFORM(br-lan) 192.168.28.119 d0:50:99:23:6d:78
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[11398]:
DHCPACK(br-lan) 192.168.28.119 d0:50:99:23:6d:78 franco-PC
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 daemon.info pppd[23800]: Using interface 3g-HWE353
Wed Jul 31 20:37:06 2019 daemon.notice pppd[23800]: Connect: 3g-HWE353
<--> /dev/ttyUSB0
Wed Jul 31 20:37:07 2019 daemon.info pppd[23800]: CHAP authentication
succeeded: Welcome!!
Wed Jul 31 20:37:07 2019 daemon.notice pppd[23800]: CHAP
authentication succeeded
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.warn odhcpd[1347]: DHCPV6 SOLICIT
IA_NA from 000100011cc45039c46e1f1ff20a on br-lan: ok
fd0a:d561:9ed::63b/128
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.warn pppd[23800]: Could not determine
remote IP address: defaulting to 10.64.64.64
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.notice pppd[23800]: local  IP address
190.132.185.44
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.notice pppd[23800]: remote IP address
10.64.64.64
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.notice pppd[23800]: primary   DNS
address 200.40.30.245
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.notice pppd[23800]: secondary DNS
address 200.40.220.245
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.notice netifd: Network device
'3g-HWE353' link is up
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'HWE353' is now up
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: reading
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using local
addresses only for domain test
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using local
addresses only for domain onion
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using local
addresses only for domain localhost
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using local
addresses only for domain local
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using local
addresses only for domain invalid
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using local
addresses only for domain bind
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using local
addresses only for domain lan
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using nameserver
200.40.30.245#53
Wed Jul 31 20:37:10 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: using nameserver
200.40.220.245#53
Thu Aug  1 18:22:31 2019 daemon.warn odhcpd[1347]: DHCPV6 SOLICIT
IA_NA from 000100011cc45039c46e1f1ff20a on br-lan: ok
fd0a:d561:9ed::63b/128
Thu Aug  1 18:22:32 2019 daemon.info pppd[23800]: System time change detected.
Thu Aug  1 18:22:35 2019 daemon.warn odhcpd[1347]: DHCPV6 REQUEST
IA_NA from 000100011cc45039c46e1f1ff20a on br-lan: ok
fd0a:d561:9ed::63b/128
Thu Aug  1 18:22:36 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: read /etc/hosts -
4 addresses
Thu Aug  1 18:22:36 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: read
/tmp/hosts/odhcpd - 1 addresses
Thu Aug  1 18:22:36 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[11398]: read
/tmp/hosts/dhcp.cfg01411c - 2 addresses
Thu Aug  1 18:22:36 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[11398]: read
/etc/ethers - 0 addresses

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: TL-MR3420 with OpenWRT with a huawei E353 usb dongle
  2019-08-14 14:42 TL-MR3420 with OpenWRT with a huawei E353 usb dongle Francisco Ferreiro
@ 2019-08-14 20:09 ` Greg KH
  2019-08-19 16:04   ` Dan Williams
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Greg KH @ 2019-08-14 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francisco Ferreiro; +Cc: linux-usb

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:42:53AM -0300, Francisco Ferreiro wrote:
> Hi guys, this is me trying to setup a tp-link TL-MR3420 with OpenWRT
> with a huawei E353 usb dongle
> 
> hopefully I will try to setup a multiwan  along with this two more
> sources to get redundant access to internet
>   - a cell phone (either tethering or if possible via USB (*))
>   - a fiber based dsl service accesible via ethernet.
> 
> after flashing the OpenWRT and setting up a little bit I made the
> dongle work manually (via ttyUSB0) (log below) but cant get it to
> automatically start connected from boot up
> 
> help with this dongle and maybe with this (*) one too, would be highly
> appreciated
> have some logs below
> and let me know if you need something else
> 
> thanks in advance for your help
> best
> Franco
> 
> [   25.113754] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-platform
> [   25.327869] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: The "generic" usb-serial
> driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> [   25.338456] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: Tell
> linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.


This really is not the proper driver for this device.  Why are you
forcing it to use the generic one and not a "real" driver?

> [   25.348448] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: generic converter detected
> [   25.354938] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0
> [   25.361410] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: The "generic" usb-serial
> driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> [   25.371975] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: Tell
> linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
> [   25.381965] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: device has no bulk endpoints
> [   25.388921] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: The "generic" usb-serial
> driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> [   25.399477] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: Tell
> linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
> [   25.409453] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: generic converter detected
> [   25.415898] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB1
> [   25.422331] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: The "generic" usb-serial
> driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> [   25.432887] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: Tell
> linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
> [   25.442869] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: generic converter detected
> [   25.449323] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB2
> [   25.455865] usb-storage 1-1:1.4: USB Mass Storage device detected
> [   25.923729] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1:1.4
> [   25.928826] usb-storage 1-1:1.5: USB Mass Storage device detected
> [   25.983950] scsi host1: usb-storage 1-1:1.5
> [   26.986403] scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HUAWEI   Mass Storage
>   2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
> [   27.074885] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HUAWEI   SD Storage
>   2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
> [   27.089310] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk

Did you run the usb-switch program (or whatever that thing is called
that toggles devices out of mass-storage mode back into modem mode), on
this device?  That should solve this issue, right?

thanks,

greg k-h

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: TL-MR3420 with OpenWRT with a huawei E353 usb dongle
  2019-08-14 20:09 ` Greg KH
@ 2019-08-19 16:04   ` Dan Williams
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Dan Williams @ 2019-08-19 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH, Francisco Ferreiro; +Cc: linux-usb

On Wed, 2019-08-14 at 22:09 +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:42:53AM -0300, Francisco Ferreiro wrote:
> > Hi guys, this is me trying to setup a tp-link TL-MR3420 with
> > OpenWRT
> > with a huawei E353 usb dongle
> > 
> > hopefully I will try to setup a multiwan  along with this two more
> > sources to get redundant access to internet
> >   - a cell phone (either tethering or if possible via USB (*))
> >   - a fiber based dsl service accesible via ethernet.
> > 
> > after flashing the OpenWRT and setting up a little bit I made the
> > dongle work manually (via ttyUSB0) (log below) but cant get it to
> > automatically start connected from boot up
> > 
> > help with this dongle and maybe with this (*) one too, would be
> > highly
> > appreciated
> > have some logs below
> > and let me know if you need something else
> > 
> > thanks in advance for your help
> > best
> > Franco
> > 
> > [   25.113754] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using
> > ehci-platform
> > [   25.327869] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: The "generic" usb-serial
> > driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> > [   25.338456] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: Tell
> > linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
> 
> This really is not the proper driver for this device.  Why are you
> forcing it to use the generic one and not a "real" driver?
> 
> > [   25.348448] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.0: generic converter
> > detected
> > [   25.354938] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0
> > [   25.361410] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: The "generic" usb-serial
> > driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> > [   25.371975] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: Tell
> > linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
> > [   25.381965] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.1: device has no bulk
> > endpoints
> > [   25.388921] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: The "generic" usb-serial
> > driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> > [   25.399477] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: Tell
> > linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
> > [   25.409453] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.2: generic converter
> > detected
> > [   25.415898] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB1
> > [   25.422331] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: The "generic" usb-serial
> > driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
> > [   25.432887] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: Tell
> > linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
> > [   25.442869] usbserial_generic 1-1:1.3: generic converter
> > detected
> > [   25.449323] usb 1-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB2
> > [   25.455865] usb-storage 1-1:1.4: USB Mass Storage device
> > detected
> > [   25.923729] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1:1.4
> > [   25.928826] usb-storage 1-1:1.5: USB Mass Storage device
> > detected
> > [   25.983950] scsi host1: usb-storage 1-1:1.5
> > [   26.986403] scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HUAWEI   Mass
> > Storage
> >   2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
> > [   27.074885] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HUAWEI   SD Storage
> >   2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
> > [   27.089310] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
> 
> Did you run the usb-switch program (or whatever that thing is called
> that toggles devices out of mass-storage mode back into modem mode),
> on
> this device?  That should solve this issue, right?

Greg means usb_modeswitch:

http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/

It's very likely already on your OpenWRT system or if not available as
a package for it.

Dan


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-08-14 14:42 TL-MR3420 with OpenWRT with a huawei E353 usb dongle Francisco Ferreiro
2019-08-14 20:09 ` Greg KH
2019-08-19 16:04   ` Dan Williams

Linux-USB Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-usb/0 linux-usb/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-usb linux-usb/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-usb \
		linux-usb@vger.kernel.org linux-usb@archiver.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-usb


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-usb


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox