* RTL8192SE support status
@ 2009-07-31 12:31 Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz @ 2009-07-31 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: linux-wireless, Greg KH

Hi,

I've been getting some private mail regarding the status of RTL8192SE
wireless chipset support (the chipset is used in some newer netbooks,
i.e. Medion Akoya E1312) so the current situation is:

* I'm not working on it and I don't know if/when the driver is coming.

* Realtek has been queried about the issue two weeks ago but we haven't
  heard anything back yet.

* rtl8192su driver present in staging area of the kernel is for RTL8192SU
  (USB version of the chipset) and never contained working/complete code
  for RTL8192SE (PCI-E version of the chipset) so there is no point in
  attempts of reverting some patches in hope that it will make the things
  magically work (it won't, please save your time).

Thanks,
Bart

* Re: RTL8192SE support status
@ 2009-07-31 14:16 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2009-07-31 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-wireless

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 02:31:16PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been getting some private mail regarding the status of RTL8192SE
> wireless chipset support (the chipset is used in some newer netbooks,
> i.e. Medion Akoya E1312) so the current situation is:
>
> * I'm not working on it and I don't know if/when the driver is coming.
>
> * Realtek has been queried about the issue two weeks ago but we haven't
>   heard anything back yet.
>
> * rtl8192su driver present in staging area of the kernel is for RTL8192SU
>   (USB version of the chipset) and never contained working/complete code
>   for RTL8192SE (PCI-E version of the chipset) so there is no point in
>   attempts of reverting some patches in hope that it will make the things
>   magically work (it won't, please save your time).

Thanks for letting us know, this helps out a lot.

greg k-h