* [RFT] b43: Get rid of spinlocks (version 2)
@ 2009-08-23 12:48 Michael Buesch
From: Michael Buesch @ 2009-08-23 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bcm43xx-dev; +Cc: linux-wireless, Albert Herranz

Hi,

This patchset removes all spinlocks (except the LEDs lock for now) from b43.
There are no known races or bugs added by this patchset.
Please test it a lot, so we can ensure there are no regressions.

It sometimes crashes for me in the lockdep code on module unload, but I'm not
really sure whether that is a b43 or lockdep bug.
Please test test test. :)

Apply the patchset in this order to wireless-testing.git:
http://bu3sch.de/patches/wireless-testing/20090823-1442/patches/001-fix-irq-thread-wakeup.patch
http://bu3sch.de/patches/wireless-testing/20090823-1442/patches/002-b43-threaded-irq-handler.patch
http://bu3sch.de/patches/wireless-testing/20090823-1442/patches/003-b43-remove-tx-lock.patch
http://bu3sch.de/patches/wireless-testing/20090823-1442/patches/004-b43-remove-queue-locks.patch
http://bu3sch.de/patches/wireless-testing/20090823-1442/patches/005-b43-remove-pio-rx-work.patch
http://bu3sch.de/patches/wireless-testing/20090823-1442/patches/006-b43-remove-shm-lock.patch

--
Greetings, Michael.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-08-23 12:49 UTC | newest]