* Setting MCS rate on injected packets does not work properly (with patches)
@ 2010-08-08 19:24 Daniel Haid
       [not found] ` <201008092149.14462.d.haid@gogi.tv>
From: Daniel Haid @ 2010-08-08 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello,

I have applied some old patches that were posted here,
that allow to set the rate via the radiotap header for
injected packets.

Additionally I had to comment out the call
to ieee80211_tx_h_rate_ctrl in net/mac80211/tx.c
for anything to work.

I have patched two stations. My problem is as follows:

When I use hostapd on one station and enable HT I get
rates of about 60MBit/s.

But when I inject packets manually and I set the MCS index
the MCS index gets reported properly at the other station.
However no matter what index I choose, I never get rates
higher than 10MBit/s  (I wrote a program that reads monitor
mode packets with libpcap and sends them to a tun device
and everything that comes from the tun device is injected
with libpcap - then I measured the rate for UDP packets sent
trough this connection).

Is there anything that has to be set up first for MCS mode to
work properly? What else can I do?

Thank you.