* Regulatory domain
@ 2010-07-31 23:08 Sebastien Cayetanot
From: Sebastien Cayetanot @ 2010-07-31 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

  All,

I have used the CRDA capability using the "iw" tool to set the country code.

When I use the 'iw reg get' command, the return below is diplayed.

country JP:
         (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
         (2457 - 2482 @ 20), (N/A, 20)
         (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (N/A, 20), NO-OFDM
         (4910 - 4930 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
         (4910 - 4990 @ 40), (N/A, 23)
         (4930 - 4950 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
         (5030 - 5045 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
         (5030 - 5090 @ 40), (N/A, 23)
         (5050 - 5060 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
         (5170 - 5250 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
         (5250 - 5330 @ 40), (N/A, 20), DFS
         (5490 - 5710 @ 40), (N/A, 23), DFS

I would like to understand exactly what is displayed.

- the number of line (xxx-xxx @ xx), (xx,xx) is equal to the number of
channel which can be accessed
- What is the meaning of each line and details on each parameter.

Thx and regards

* Re: Regulatory domain
@ 2010-08-01  6:08 ` Emmanuel Grumbach
From: Emmanuel Grumbach @ 2010-08-01  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Cayetanot; +Cc: linux-wireless

> country JP:
>        (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
>        (2457 - 2482 @ 20), (N/A, 20)
>        (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (N/A, 20), NO-OFDM
>        (4910 - 4930 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>        (4910 - 4990 @ 40), (N/A, 23)
>        (4930 - 4950 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>        (5030 - 5045 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>        (5030 - 5090 @ 40), (N/A, 23)
>        (5050 - 5060 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>        (5170 - 5250 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
>        (5250 - 5330 @ 40), (N/A, 20), DFS
>        (5490 - 5710 @ 40), (N/A, 23), DFS
>
> I would like to understand exactly what is displayed.
>
> - the number of line (xxx-xxx @ xx), (xx,xx) is equal to the number of channel which can be accessed
> - What is the meaning of each line and details on each parameter.

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory

(aaaa-bbbb @ c),(n/a, 23), XXX

each line is a range in frequencies (channels that fall between aaaa
and bbbb. c is the channel width (10 Mhz for Japan's narrow channels,
20 Mhz for regular channels and 40 Mhz for wide channels). 23 is the
maximum Tx power e.i.r.p. in db.

* Re: Regulatory domain
@ 2010-08-02  8:37   ` Sebastien Cayetanot
From: Sebastien Cayetanot @ 2010-08-02  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Grumbach; +Cc: linux-wireless

  On 8/1/2010 8:08 AM, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
>> country JP:
>>         (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
>>         (2457 - 2482 @ 20), (N/A, 20)
>>         (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (N/A, 20), NO-OFDM
>>         (4910 - 4930 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>>         (4910 - 4990 @ 40), (N/A, 23)
>>         (4930 - 4950 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>>         (5030 - 5045 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>>         (5030 - 5090 @ 40), (N/A, 23)
>>         (5050 - 5060 @ 10), (N/A, 23)
>>         (5170 - 5250 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
>>         (5250 - 5330 @ 40), (N/A, 20), DFS
>>         (5490 - 5710 @ 40), (N/A, 23), DFS
>>
>> I would like to understand exactly what is displayed.
>>
>> - the number of line (xxx-xxx @ xx), (xx,xx) is equal to the number of channel which can be accessed
>> - What is the meaning of each line and details on each parameter.
>>
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory
>
> (aaaa-bbbb @ c),(n/a, 23), XXX
>
> each line is a range in frequencies (channels that fall between aaaa
> and bbbb. c is the channel width (10 Mhz for Japan's narrow channels,
> 20 Mhz for regular channels and 40 Mhz for wide channels). 23 is the
> maximum Tx power e.i.r.p. in db.
Many thanks for your support and the link. One additional parameter
'N/A' is my example are sometimes fills w/ a number depending on the
country I set.

What is the meaning of this parameter, I didn't catch it on the
Regulatory page.

Thx

Sebastien

* Re: Regulatory domain
@ 2010-08-02  9:29     ` Emmanuel Grumbach
From: Emmanuel Grumbach @ 2010-08-02  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Cayetanot; +Cc: linux-wireless

>> (aaaa-bbbb @ c),(n/a, 23), XXX
>>
>> each line is a range in frequencies (channels that fall between aaaa
>> and bbbb. c is the channel width (10 Mhz for Japan's narrow channels,
>> 20 Mhz for regular channels and 40 Mhz for wide channels). 23 is the
>> maximum Tx power e.i.r.p. in db.
>
> Many thanks for your support and the link. One additional parameter 'N/A' is
> my example are sometimes fills w/ a number depending on the country I set.
>
> What is the meaning of this parameter, I didn't catch it on the Regulatory
> page.

It is the maximum antenna gain: look at
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory/Database and click
on one of the countries there.