* bdm 4353 802.11n monitor mode you can?
@ 2010-08-05 11:57 Arthur Moreira
From: Arthur Moreira @ 2010-08-05 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Someone can put the broadcom card 802.11n bcmw 4353 in monitor mode?

              Arthur Moreira

* Re: bdm 4353 802.11n monitor mode you can?
@ 2010-08-05 13:54 ` Larry Finger
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTinrj6ApbFz5_3T95Z96RBbuz5hTh3x=Q98qpgpP@mail.gmail.com>
From: Larry Finger @ 2010-08-05 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arthur Moreira; +Cc: wireless

On 08/05/2010 06:57 AM, Arthur Moreira wrote:
> Someone can put the broadcom card 802.11n bcmw 4353 in monitor mode?

The Broadcom wl hybrid driver does not support monitor mode, and that is the
only driver for 802.11n Broadcom chips. Until we finish getting b43 running on
such devices, you will not have that option.

Complain to Broadcom.

Larry

@ 2010-08-05 15:35     ` Larry Finger
From: Larry Finger @ 2010-08-05 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arthur Moreira; +Cc: wireless

On 08/05/2010 09:38 AM, Arthur Moreira wrote:
> Tks Larry
> I willl wait, the broadcom support team call for look the dell. And
> the dell only windows driver.
>
> Larry i need much to can make a scan in networks, i work with network
> secutiry and buyed a dell laptop, without knowing that it would take
> this job.
>
> what you can do to help me or guide me I appreciate.
>
> you who work with creating the modules and drivers can not create a
> module to put the card 802.11n broadcom 4353 chipset in monitor mode?
> and packet injection?

You can certainly use ndiswrapper and the Windows driver. My only question would
be the stability of that configuration.

Your other option would be to purchase a USB device that does support monitor
mode. My favorite is the Netgear WG111V2, which uses the rtl8187 driver. These
are available for ~$10 on Ebay. Any device that uses mac80211 should be capable
of monitor mode. If you want both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, then you can use a Dell
Wireless 1450 USB adapter (Model D1450U). There is one on Ebay for $21.

Reverse-engineering a complicated device like the Broadcom 802.11n chips is not
trivial. We get no specifications or any help from Broadcom. Yes, we will be
able to provide a driver with full capabilities; however, I have no idea when
that will happen.

Please do a "Reply-to-all" so that the mailing list archives have the full
record of our mails.

Larry

* Re: bdm 4353 802.11n monitor mode you can?
@ 2010-08-05 19:01       ` Arthur Moreira
From: Arthur Moreira @ 2010-08-05 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Finger; +Cc: wireless

Tk Larry
I will wait
I am from brazil and to buy in ebay is complicated
but, i will look in mercadolivre com br the symilar in brazil
but i dont want to buy a extra card for mobility, but i will see

i will wait the guys try to correct the wl driver.
tks all

off corse, sorry for my bad english.

              Arthur Moreira

@ 2010-08-05 19:08         ` Larry Finger
From: Larry Finger @ 2010-08-05 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arthur Moreira; +Cc: wireless

On 08/05/2010 02:01 PM, Arthur Moreira wrote:
> Tk Larry
> I will wait
> I am from brazil and to buy in ebay is complicated
> but, i will look in mercadolivre com br the symilar in brazil
> but i dont want to buy a extra card for mobility, but i will see
>
> i will wait the guys try to correct the wl driver.
> tks all
>
> off corse, sorry for my bad english.

No problem. Your English is much better than my Portuguese.

Larry