* Scanning improvements for multiple VIFS.
@ 2010-11-12 23:23 Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2010-11-12 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

When I am using lots of virtual stations, each of them will attempt
to scan when started.  Most of them get EBUSY
until finally everyone is associated.  This can take a long time.

I was considering trying something a bit different.

In nl80211_trigger_scan, if rdev->scan_req is != NULL,
instead of returning EBUSY, what if we set a flag in
the VIF that said "I want scan results too."

Then, when whatever is scanning is finished, it would send
scan results to all interested vifs.

Does that sound like something that could work?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>