* Marvell Mwifiex wireless driver: mwifiex_pcie broken on Marvell ESPRESSOBin
@ 2017-11-19 15:15 Ellie Reeves
From: Ellie Reeves @ 2017-11-19 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-wireless, amitkarwar, nishants, gbhat, huxm

Hello,
I noticed the Marvell Mwifiex wireless driver ended up broken since
kernel 4.13.0, and it is still the case with 4.14.0 on the Marvell
ESPRESSOBin, soled by Globalscale Technology. I bought the official
wireless card from them at the same time as the board. However since
kernel 4.13.0, wifi as provided via mwifiex_pcie module stopped working.
I don't have much info on the userspace side, as all that happens is the
wireless interface is never brought up and stays in 'NO-CARRIER'  state
according to 'ip a'. However on kernel side, I hope I have some info
that are more useful ! :) This was logged via systemd-journald with
debug turned on in mwifiex driver. I am willing to try anything to get
this kernel working, as it's a lts kernel contrary to 4.12.12 on which
I'm forced to run for now.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mk-fg/27c2505fd3bffcf0af87777aaafb71fe/raw/fda70ff9f8eaab248a104e03922323cf2f4754bf/tmp.txt

I hope these info will be useful in debugging. I'm new to all these
kernel stuff, so I may have posted to the wrong place or in a wrong way,
if so, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

--
Ellie Reeves