* hostapd and mac80211
@ 2009-07-27 12:43 Sibel Demirkol
From: Sibel Demirkol @ 2009-07-27 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,
I am not a Linux expert and I have difficulty to understand the
message passing from kernel space to user space.
I use a PC Engines WRAP board and ath9k chip as an AP. I wanted to use
openWRT to install my packages and 2.6.28 kernel.
What I have difficulty to understand is, once a message received with
interrupt handler at ath9k driver, it is passed to mac80211 package
for mac processing (As I understood)? Then if I use hostapd for
example, how is it passed the message to hostapd deamon from mac80211
stack? I know about nl80211 link class and cfg80211.. But could you
explain me where the code lies for these message passings?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-07-27 12:43 UTC | newest]