* Limiting bit rate on BCM43438
@ 2016-05-06 17:18 Tom Harada
From: Tom Harada @ 2016-05-06 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,

On a Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian, I'm finding it impossible to
maintain a stable WiFi connection with 802.11n access points using the
internal BCM43438 chip. The association is lost quite frequently (as
often as twice a minute) and often fails to be recovered. I've tried the
usual fixes recommended by the RPi forum (disabling power management,
setting the regulatory domain, updating the kernel) without success.
However, the problem seems to be less severe with 802.11g access points.
Is there a way to limit the BCM43438's bit rate and force it to connect
as a "g" device? iw/iwconfig don't allow this, returning "Operation not
supported." I'm willing to modify the kernel/drivers if that's what it
takes. Of course, other suggestions are appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-05-06 17:18 UTC | newest]