* PSK/1x offload documentation ambiguity
@ 2021-03-18 17:43 James Prestwood
From: James Prestwood @ 2021-03-18 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless; +Cc: eliad

Hi,

I see the API documentation for PSK/1x offload is somewhat ambiguous
with respect to if the hardware actually supports user space 4-way
handshakes. Both extended features say this regarding doing the 4-way
in the host:

"..., doing it in the host might not be supported"

So far the hardware I have used does support user space 4-way
handshakes so I have not yet bothered with offload. But this comment is
concerning if a user comes along with hardware that *does not* support
the 4-way in userspace. It would be nice to know if this comment is
complete bogus, or if there is actual hardware which does not support
user space 4-way handshakes. And if there is such hardware, how can
userspace know the difference.

I've CC'ed Eliad who is the author to 91b5ab6289 which added this
support.

Thanks,
James

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-18 17:44 UTC | newest]