* wlcore: mac-address property support
@ 2015-05-12  6:37 Yegor Yefremov
From: Yegor Yefremov @ 2015-05-12  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless; +Cc: Eliad Peller

Does wlcore support "mac-address" property, so that MAC address could
be set via Device Tree?

Regards,
Yegor

* Re: wlcore: mac-address property support
@ 2015-05-12  7:53 ` Eliad Peller
From: Eliad Peller @ 2015-05-12  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yegor Yefremov; +Cc: linux-wireless

hi,

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Yegor Yefremov
<yegorslists@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Does wlcore support "mac-address" property, so that MAC address could
> be set via Device Tree?

it's currently not supported.
(by default the address is read from the fuse ROM, and it can be
overridden by the nvs file)

Eliad.

* Re: wlcore: mac-address property support
@ 2015-05-12  8:00   ` Yegor Yefremov
From: Yegor Yefremov @ 2015-05-12  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eliad Peller; +Cc: linux-wireless

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Eliad Peller <eliad@wizery.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Yegor Yefremov
> <yegorslists@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Does wlcore support "mac-address" property, so that MAC address could
>> be set via Device Tree?
>>
> it's currently not supported.
> (by default the address is read from the fuse ROM, and it can be
> overridden by the nvs file)

It's not very practical for us as our chips don't have internal EEPROM
and nvs file is also bad, as it is SD card bound. We have all our
production data in usual EEPROM, so that I can fetch MACs from there
and put them into loaded DTB. This way Linux has all the needed data
and I don't need special files/scripts in order to assign MACs.

Yegor