* New binary blobs for BCM43xxx devices?
@ 2017-07-25 22:55 Jacob Bower
From: Jacob Bower @ 2017-07-25 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,

If understand correctly CVE-2017-9417 (aka. the "broadpwn" exploit) is
addressed by firmware updates in new drivers recently released by some
major vendors.

Is there a systematic way to extract the new firmware to help secure
Linux systems with BCM43xxx devices?

In my specific case I have a MacBook Pro 12.1 with a BCM43602 running
Linux and the brcmfmac driver, but have an old partition with OS X. I
was hoping it might be possible to extract the firmware from the
latest OS X updates? Or, maybe there is a way to get the latest
release of Linux drivers from Broadcom and extract from there? (I had
a bit of trouble figuring out if there is a specific Broadcom page for
the latest version of their restrictively licensed drivers).

I appreciate this could be a contentious issue and apologise in
advance if this is the wrong forum for this discussion.

Kind regards,
Jacob

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-07-25 22:55 UTC | newest]